Book Title: Best Colleges 2017: Find the Best Colleges for You!
Publisher: U.S. News & World Report
Release Date: 2016-10-25
Author: U. S. News and World Report
The 2017 edition of the U.S. News Best Colleges guidebook offers comprehensive advice for high school students and their families on researching their college choices, drawing up a smart shortlist, putting together a slam-dunk application and finding the money to pay the bills. Find out what programs to look for that will raise your chances of thriving at college, the many ways to wow the admissions office and how to negotiate the best possible financial aid package. You’ll also get our latest exclusive college rankings. Discover the country's best universities, liberal arts colleges, regional colleges and universities, historically black colleges and universities, and undergraduate engineering and business programs.
• A look at accelerated degree programs as a way to cut costs and save time
• What if you get an acceptance for spring semester?
• Profiles: How 8 recent high school grads navigated the college-application process
• A calendar of important tasks for the college-bound student
• Take a road trip with U.S. News to 12 colleges and universities in Colorado, Connecticut, Mississippi and Louisiana
• 8 things admission deans want you to know, including how to write a winning essay
• State-by-state directory profiling nearly 1,600 schools
For more than 30 years, U.S. News’ “Best” publications have been the definitive consumer guides to higher education in the United States. Teen Vogue said that U.S. News Best Colleges "is widely regarded as the authority on how a school stacks up against its competitors." And as The Washington Post noted, “You can’t pass up the granddaddy of college rankings.”
Note: Advertisements from universities and other reputable organizations enable us to offer this valuable guidebook at an affordable price. Advertisements do not influence current or future rankings.